Good Morning Surgeons!
Here are a few announcements for June 10, 2012...
- We are continuing our Casting Call series, this week is on Multiplication. So if you're wondering how a church service turns into a movement of God's working, stay tuned!
- Wonderful SAW event yesterday with about 100 local singer / songwriters in the area surging to the Barn at the corner of Kirby and Westmoreland. They had workshops, open mics, concerts, giveaways a dinner, more open mics and a good time was had by all.
- Continuing our concert series, the third Saturday, this next one is a don't miss event. Cindi Slaughter, favorite of the Surge and the Big Cheese will be performing, starting at 7pm. It's free, coffee and dessert will be served. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll kiss about 2 and 1/2 hours goodbye!
- We have wonderful offering boxes in the back, made with the finest wood available, brazilian notty pine if I'm not mistaken... the properties of the wood are guaranteed to turn your generosity into an effective way to invest in things that last forever.
- You can also give online, just hit the website and click on the "giving" tab - it's easy and the internet has taught us that it's fun to click on things.
- Next week we're continuing up our Casting Call series with a message on Wholly Unique... so Dwaine has been up all night finding the most random slides ever seen in a presentation.
That's it! Peace to you and the folks around you!
At The Surge we love doing things together... that includes writing a blog! Here are a few of our main contributing authors:
Our fearless leader, Dwaine is the lead pastor at The Surge. His experience in counter terrorism with the CIA prepared him for ministry and he likes dogs and babies even more than E does.
E (short for Eric Reiss) is the Wingman at The Surge and likes dogs, music, Mexican food, his wife Karen and his little girl Evangeline... not necessarily in that order.