Good morning Surgeons,
We're continuing our Mystery Train Series this morning with a message on Marriage, the Divine Mystery of!
Keeping the train theme going, our special is by Train, with their song, Marry Me.
If you're new with us, please fill out a Connection Card and drop it in the boxes in the back, we'd love to stay connected with you!
Also, while we don't take up an offering, we do need your generosity to keep things going, you can give using the offering boxes in the back or online here.
On your tables are bookmarks highlighting ministry teams, we need your help! So if you would, take a look at those and contact us about opportunities to plug in.
We dropped off more than 30 backpacks at Longfellow Middle School this week, thank you for your support there, it means a lot to the families in our community.
There are lots of great things happening in the coming weeks:
- Next Tuesday, the Mandarin Soccer Club begins meeting at the barn after school during the week and on Saturdays they will be doing a 9/12 Language Academy. We have cards in the back with more information.
- There are also Yoga classes available during day, Tuesday through Friday at the Barn.
- At the Barn, we have the SAW workshop at 4pm and Open Mic at 7, next Saturday 9/8.
- The third Saturday in September 9/15, we're continuing our concert series, with the main acts beginning at 8pm.
- Also that weekend, September 14-16th, we are supporting a Work Crew Weekend with Selma and Young Life, any teens interested should contact her, it will be a great event.
- We're continuing our message series Mystery Train next week with the Divine Mystery of Kids... believe it or not, that message will have something for everyone so don't miss it!
That's all! Enjoy the long weekend!
At The Surge we love doing things together... that includes writing a blog! Here are a few of our main contributing authors:
Our fearless leader, Dwaine is the lead pastor at The Surge. His experience in counter terrorism with the CIA prepared him for ministry and he likes dogs and babies even more than E does.
E (short for Eric Reiss) is the Wingman at The Surge and likes dogs, music, Mexican food, his wife Karen and his little girl Evangeline... not necessarily in that order.